The Jar Lunch: It’s like a bag lunch or a bento lunch, but the next big thing is lunch packed in a good ol’ mason jar. I have to microwave my lunch at work, so metal containers won’t work and heating up plastic has me worried. We often simply fill mason jars with leftovers, but sometimes it is fun to come up with a clever jar lunch and make a big batch. Lunch for the whole family is already packed.
I won’t turn down a Snack Pack, but nothing from the store compares to homemade pudding. Why not pack it in jars for lunch? Add a little whipped cream – even better. Any half-pint jar will do. If you can’t get the wide mouth half-pints, this would be adorable in the quilted jelly jars.
Being huge fans of lemon desserts (Lemon meringue pie! Lemon curd! Lemon bars!), we decided to try this lemon pudding recipe.
If only we had thought of this sooner.
In case you don’t have a favorite pudding recipe, how about a pudding recipe round-up:
- Quick! Somebody make me this coffee pudding
- Chocolate + hazelnuts = nutella pudding
- Budino is Italian for pudding: caramel budino with salted caramel sauce
- Go classic with banana pudding
- Thai-inspired coconut pandan rice pudding
- Homemade pistachio pudding!
- Mmm, butterscotch pudding
- peanut butter milk chocolate pudding
- Instead of plain lemon, layered lemon and black tea pudding
- Chè Bắp: Vietnamese sweet corn pudding
Please add your photos to the Jar Lunch Flickr pool for this or any other jar lunches you make!
See our other Jar Lunches here.