Goodbye tomatoes. Hello squash!
Somehow our plant only produced one of these gorgeous sweet meat squashes. So what in the world should we make with it?
Confession: neither of us liked squash as kids. The older I get, the more I like squash. These days there are a handful of squash varieties I absolutely love. I suspect that list is going to grow. So now that we have squash on the brain, how about a little SQUASH LINK LIST:
- Kittee’s Squash Circles make me want to try delicata squash for the first time. Chipotle and brown sugar!
- Or how about the Vanilla-Cardamom Glazed Acorn Squash Rings Martha featured?
- If you’re anything like us, you could use a guide to winter squash
- How gorgeous is this spaetzle with butternut squash from Design Sponge?
- One of our fall traditions is pumpkin-butternut lasagna. I think I’ll mix it up this year and try Vegetable Lasagna with Butternut Béchamel
- The Kitchn answers the age old question, “How the hell do you peel a squash, anyway?”
- This can’t be canned, but I think I can get the wife to make Sweet Butternut Squash and Coconut Jam. (Seriously, you have to see this.)
- As we always say, put it in a taco. A Spicy Squash Taco!
- Or just deep fry it. Better yet, country fry it.
- The opposite of delicious, edible squash: It’s decorative gourd season. A hilarious reflection on fall (warning: lotsa swears)